Professionalism meets elegance.
Medelita has given Estie a makeover. We embellished its traditional look with fitted sleeves and flattering front and back princess seams accentuated by a shapely pleat under the bust. As seen on our model, the lapels are thinner, consistent with the coat’s waist definition.
- Advanced Dual Action Teflon® repels fluids and stains.
- Only 1-3% shrinkage after first wash and no pilling after 100 washes.
- Made from comfortable and breathable 100% long-staple cotton.
- 2 patch pockets can fit iPads; 1 chest double welt; 1 inside pocket.
- Exquisite embroidery option with fade-resistant thread.
Estie Lab Coat
Medelita garments are designed to fit and flatter the female figure. Designed specifically for professional women, our styling is not too tight, not too loose. Comfort + sophisticated styling + ideal range of motion - that's what we've created in our garments.
Embroidered items may not be returned. If after utilizing the size guide you are still uncertain about which size would be best, consider ordering two sizes prior to requesting embroidery. Shipping is free both ways, and we are more than happy to add embroidery to your order once your sizing is confirmed.
Order 2 Sizes
Shipping is free both ways in the U.S.
Return your preferred size for
Easily Print UPS Return Labels
In your order history
Wearing a bra you'd wear to work, measure under arms at the fullest part of your bust. Be sure to keep your arms relaxed and down, with tape measure parallel to the floor.
Wearing underwear or thin pants, stand with your feet together and measure the absolute fullest part of your hips / buttock. Be sure to keep tape measure parallel to the floor.
Wearing your work shoes, measure from the crotch seam where your scrub pants drape (approximately 1-2 inches below crotch) to the point on your shoe or clog where you prefer your pants to fall.
Measured 1 inch below the armhole, in full circumference with the garment buttoned.
Measured 24 inches down straight from top center neck seam (where it meets the collar).
Measured from the top outer shoulder seam to the outer hem of the lab coat sleeve.
Measured from the lab coat back center neck seam (the seam where collar connects) to the back bottom center of coat.
Estie Lab Coat Size Guide (measured in inches)
|Medelita Size BUTTONED||0||2||4||6||8||10||12||14||16|
|Typical Size Equivalents||XS||S||M||L||XL|
|Bust||32-36.5||35-38||37 - 39.5||39 - 40.5||39 - 41.5||40.5 - 43||42.5 - 45||44.5 - 47||46.5 - 49|
|Low Hip (if buttoned)||34 - 37.75||36.5 - 39.25||38.5 - 40.75||40 - 41.75||41 - 42.75||42 - 44.25||44 - 46.25||46 - 48.25||48 - 50.25|
Lab Coat Measurements
Please trust that our sizes do not run small. Sizes 6 - 16 fit extremely true to size. Size 4 runs slightly big, especially if you have narrow shoulders or a smaller bust. Sizes 0 and 2 run big. Order a full size smaller, unless you have a D cup or greater. This style is most flattering on someone with a C cup or greater and on someone 5'5" and above. Estie is a 38" lab coat measured from C7 to back center hem. Please call us at 877.987.7979 or click on live chat for assistance with sizing, as we are always happy to help. If you are new to Medelita garments, we suggest making your home your dressing roomand ordering two sizes for comparison and best fit selection. We offer free shipping and free returns on all orders in the continental U.S., to help make size selection easy and accurate. After receiving your initial order and making your size selection, log into your medelita.com account using your email address and easily print out a UPS return label. Include in your return package information about preferred sizing and embroidery preferences.
An Ideal Performance Technology For White Lab Coats
White lab coats on the job? It's a perplexing tradition, but one in which Medelita lab coat fabric reigns above all others. An incredibly soft, natural fiber fabric that repels soil/stains, and is also fluid resistant. Blood? Coffee? Tea? And the endless other everyday obstacles? Advanced Dual Action Teflon® fabric protector aggressively fights to maintain a crisp, white, professional appearance, long-term.
- _ Combined technical functionality and true comfort.
- _ Nanotechnology forms an invisible molecular barrier.
- _ Liquid spills (including blood) bead up and roll off surface.
- _ Surface residue is easily wiped away or blotted.
- _ Ground-in or oil based stains release easily with laundering.
- _ Maintains a crisp, white, professional finish.
Watch A Fabric Demonstration
Stains Roll Off
Advanced Dual Action Teflon® fabric protector is a perfect match with our fabric - a repel and release technology that aggressively fights the most common stains. Teflon® is a registered trademark used under license by Medelita.
What Your Colleagues Say
"What I like best is that the lapel stays flat. I would never iron a lab coat, but this coat looks ironed right out of the dryer. Also is very fluid repellent. Earlier this week, I forgot my umbrella and used the coat to keep dry."
Amy Bokal, MD
"I opened the package last night to find the very finest lab coat imaginable. I appreciate fine fabric, tailoring and attention to detail - THIS COAT HAS IT ALL. Thank you for finally creating a lab coat that goes with a Hermes tie."
W. Wilson, MD, FACEP
"Even with weekly washings, the fabric still looks fabulous. A quick trip through the drier on the wrinkle release cycle is enough to keep my jackets looking fresh"
Elizabeth Nicholson, MD
"The quality of material of both the lab coat and scrubs are excellent! You can truly feel that these products are made with great durability."
Dean Rollolazo RDHAP, BS
If you prefer home laundering, pre-treat stains prior to washing. See stain removal guide for best recommendations. Expect up to 2-3% shrinkage with home laundering.
If you prefer dry cleaning, find an environmentally friendly dry cleaner that cleans whites separately and changes dry cleaning solution daily. Point out any stains to the cleaner when you drop it off.
For home laundering, machine wash warm. Do not use chlorine bleach. Non-chlorine bleach is ok.
Tumble dry low heat or hang to dry. Our best tip is to partially dry for 5-10 minutes, then hang to dry.
For a most professsional and sharp appearance, press with medium to high heat with steam or press when garment is still damp. Use filtered water in iron and be sure the iron itself is clean before using.
- Amodex® Ink and Stain Remover
- Dryel On The Go™ Stain Pen
Dirt, Powder Based Makeup
- OxiClean® Spray
Blood, Coffee, General Stains, Tea
- Shout® Advanced Stain Lifting Foam
Cream-Based Makeup, Grease, Oil, Pus, Ring-Around-The-Collar
- The Laundress™ Stain Solution & The Laundress™ All-Purpose Bleach Alternative
Deodorant, Iodine, Perspiration
The Closest Thing To Wearing Your Diploma.
Allow us the opportunity to display your name and title - embroidered with prestige and perfection - in the manner you've earned. Name & title embroidery is complimentary on orders over $175 and otherwise is $12 per garment.
Professional logos and any custom logos may be added at an additional charge and will be sewn into the garment(s) of your choice as pictured, on the right side of your garment.
Please contact us or make a note in the 'comments' box if you would like to make additional customizations to size and placement.
Please note the partial coverage on longer names (as pictured). A complete guide to coverage can be found in our advice section.
Name & Title Embroidery
We have the utmost pride in our embroidery work. Our in-house service allows us to provide exemplary service to our customers and colleagues. We go to great lengths to ensure that each garment is perfectly sewn, inspected, and packaged. The very first thing that a customer notices is not the stitching or the curved lapels or beautiful pocket detail of the garment itself. It's the embroidery. We call it the "icing on the cake." The "stamp of achievement and great sacrifice." For that reason - it must be perfect. And that is our standard.
- Name & title embroidery is placed above the pocket, anatomical left, unless requested otherwise.
- There is limited space on certain sizes & styles, on a properly fitted lab coat, which may result in partial lapel coverage. See character limit chart below.
- To minimize lapel coverage, use first initials, no periods, and choose only one line of embroidery.
- List your professional title(s) after your last name (Sarah Smith, MD is preferred v. Dr. Sarah Smith)
- Custom embroidery requires 5-10 additional business days, prior to shipping.
- Embroidered garments may not be exchanged or returned, unless there was an error on our part.
- When choosing embroidery on scrubs, the first color selection on each scrub top will match the corresponding drawstring color if you choose to purchase scrub pants.
- We do not offer separate options for drawstring colors on our scrub pants.
Medelita custom logo embroidery is the most impressive way to truly distinguish your lab coat or scrubs. A finishing touch like no other - logo embroidery with your office, clinic, or hospital logo turns a lab coat and/or scrubs into something impressive and polished.
- Logos are sewn directly onto your selected garment. No patches are available.
- Depending on the logo, your name & title embroidery may be sewn in a color that matches with logo.
- We digitize/create the art file for new professional logos and school logos free of charge. Otherwise there is a one-time $150 fee for digitzation. This is the process of turning your logo from flat artwork into embroidery detail – color, number of stitches, shading, etc. Additional fees apply.
- Upload a .JPG, PDF or .DST of your logo. For your convenience, there is an "upload your logo" button in the right hand column, when making your selections for purchase.
- Once your logo is received, you will receive a confirmation and your design will be digitized by our expert embroidery team.
- You will then receive a picture (via email) for approval. This initial process takes approximately 5 days.
- Up to 3 total adjustments/changes can be made, within the $150 original charge.
- For adjustments beyond three, a $50 additional charge is applicable.
- Once approved, garments are scheduled for embroidery.
- We are committed to working with you until you are 100% satisfied with your custom logo embroidery.
Advice Regarding Character Length
On properly fitting, gender specific lab coats with stylish lapels, there is limited amount of space in the area above the pocket, and between the lapel and the armhole. Some sizes and styes have less room than others. It is our priority to alert you in advance that Medelita embroidery is centered above the pocket, and embroidered to a standard size/height that is both legible and high-quality in appearance. The large majority of Medelita customers/colleagues are "ok" with some letters of their first name being partially covered by the lapel. For those that want to ensure that every single letter is visible, please adhere to the following guidelines to prevent coverage in both the first and second lines of embroidery.
Character Limit Chart
Use the chart below to identify the maximum characters per size in each garment before the lapel will partially cover your embroidered text.
|Estie||n/a||10 (2.06 in)||10 (2.06 in)||10 (2.06 in)||10 (2.06 in)||12 (2.41 in)||16 (3.11 in)||20 (3.82 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)|
|Emma W||14 (2.76 in)||16 (3.11 in)||16 (3.11 in)||16 (3.11 in)||16 (3.11 in)||20 (3.82 in)||20 (3.82 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)|
|Callia Classic||n/a||8 (1.71 in)||8 (1.71 in)||12 (2.41 in)||14 (2.76 in)||14 (2.76 in)||14 (2.76 in)||16 (3.11 in)||20 (3.82 in)||30 (4.5 in)|
|Callia Slim Fit||16 (3.11 in)||16 (3.11 in)||18 (3.46 in)||20 (3.82 in)||22 (4.00 in)||22 (4.00 in)||24 (4.15 in)||24 (4.15 in)||30 (4.5 in)||(n/a)|
|Ellody Petite||10 (2.06 in)||10 (2.06 in)||10 (2.06 in)||12 (2.41 in)||16 (3.11 in)||16 (3.11 in)||22 (4.00 in)||22 (4.00 in)||22 (4.00 in)||(n/a)|
|Ellody Classic||8 (1.71 in)||8 (1.71 in)||10 (2.06 in)||14 (2.76 in)||14 (2.76 in)||16 (3.11 in)||18 (3.46 in)||18 (3.46 in)||20 (3.82 in)||30 (4.5 in)|
|Elizabeth B||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||24 (4.15 in)||24 (4.15 in)||24 (4.15 in)||24 (4.15 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)|
|Hannah||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)|
|E Wilson||22 (3.82 in)||22 (3.82 in)||22 (3.82 in)||22 (3.82 in)||22 (3.82 in)||22 (3.82 in)||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Cushing||20 (3.82 in)||20 (3.82 in)||20 (3.82 in)||20 (3.82 in)||20 (3.82 in)||20 (3.82 in)||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Laennec||20 (3.82 in)||20 (3.82 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)|
|Osler||n/a||n/a||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||n/a|
|Fleming||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)||30 (4.5 in)|
Order 2 Sizes
Shipping is free both ways in the U.S.
Return your preferred size for
Easily Print UPS Return Labels
In your order history
4 Reasons To Try On At Home
Try on your garments on your own time. Keep what you like and send back the rest, or send back what you would like to be embroidered. We will process your embroidery or refund your purchase as soon as possible.
- No Fees.
Purchases over $100 are automatically eligible for free shipping and returns within the United States (free returns not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
- Risk Free.
Prior to specifying embroidery, order two sizes to find your best fit, and take advantage of free return shipping over $100. Let us know which garments to embroider and we'll refund the remaining garments.
- It's Easy.
Simply log into your account, find your order, and print a UPS return label for exchange, refund and/or embroidery.