Science lab coats were developed more than 100 years ago for the principal purpose of protecting scientists. The styling of the coat changed little over that time period. In 2008 however, a new medical apparel company was launched that has begun to make significant innovations in both the styling and function of today’s science lab coats. That company is Medelita.
The styling innovations include:
- gender specific models.
- standard apparel sizing scales for men and women.
- fashion considerations to the styling of collars, lapels, pockets and backs.
- improved fit through shaping and advanced pattern making.
- subtly textured pristine white fabric.
- performance fabrics for improved durability.
- use of high tech textile treatments to improve fabric functionality.
- wrinkle, soil, stain and fluid resistance.
- 100% cotton for softness, comfort and breathability.
- ergonomic designs to facilitate comfort and movement.