You have no items in your shopping cart.
Immaculate + Traditional = A Perfect Fit.
The Laennec is classically designed with notched lapels, excellent welt pocket workmanship, front suit seaming, and a vent at the back seam. Ergonomic tailoring through the shoulders allows a full range of movement. Enjoy a fit more reminiscent of a suit than lab coat.
- Advanced Dual Action Teflon® repels fluids and stains.
- Only 1-3% shrinkage after first wash and no pilling after 100 washes.
- Made from comfortable and breathable 100% long-staple cotton.
- 2 patch pockets can fit iPads; 1 chest welt pocket; 2 inside.
- Exquisite embroidery option with fade-resistant thread.
Laennec Lab Coat
Medelita lab coats are designed to fit like a men's blazer in combination with necessary ergonomics for comfort and ideal range of motion.
Embroidered items may not be returned. If after utilizing the size guide you are still uncertain which size would be best, consider ordering two sizes (to try on) prior to requesting embroidery. Shipping is free both ways, and we are more than happy to add free name & title embroidery to your order once sizing is confirmed.
Order 2 Sizes
Shipping is free both ways in the U.S.
Return your preferred size for
Easily Print UPS Return Labels
In your order history
Measure from the fullest part of chest and scapula, arms at sides and relaxed, approximately 1" below axilla. Be sure measuring tape is parallel to the floor. Allow 1-2 fingers below tape for comfort.
Bend to one side to find the natural crease of your waist. Measure at this point, keeping the tape parallel to the floor and comfortably loose around your waist.
Measure similarly styled pants that fit you well (such as your favorite khaki pants) and fall to the exact point on your work shoes (clog, sneaker) that you want. Do not use traditional unisex scrubs for measuring. Measure from the crotch seam to the inside hem, following the seam line exactly.
Measured 1 inch below the armhole, in full circumference with the garment buttoned.
Measured from the top outer shoulder seam to the outer hem of the lab coat sleeve.
Measured from the lab coat back center neck seam (the seam where collar connects) to the back bottom center of coat.
Laennec Lab Coat Size Guide (measured in inches)
Lab Coat Measurements
Sizes 44 - 52 run extremely true to size. Sizes 36 - 42 run a full size big, unless you have very broad shoulders. The sleeves are now lengthened 1 inch for improved fit and alterations. You will also find improved shoulder construction for added comfort. The coat's lapel and collar lay closer to neck for a more professional look. Laennec is a 40" lab coat measured from C7 to back center hem.
Call us at 877.987.7979 or click on live chat for assistance with sizing. If you are new to Medelita garments, we suggest ordering two sizes to find your perfect fit, with free shipping both ways (in the continental U.S.). Simply print your UPS label from your online order history and Include it in your return package with any information about your preferred sizing and embroidery preferences.
If you home launder your lab coat, expect up to 1" shrinkage of the sleeves. Please launder prior to alterations.
An Ideal Performance Technology For White Lab Coats
White lab coats on the job? It's a perplexing tradition, but one in which Medelita lab coat fabric reigns above all others. An incredibly soft, natural fiber fabric that repels soil/stains, and is also fluid resistant. Blood? Coffee? Tea? And the endless other everyday obstacles? Advanced Dual Action Teflon® fabric protector aggressively fights to maintain a crisp, white, professional appearance, long-term.
- _ Combined technical functionality and true comfort.
- _ Nanotechnology forms an invisible molecular barrier.
- _ Liquid spills (including blood) bead up and roll off surface.
- _ Surface residue is easily wiped away or blotted.
- _ Ground-in or oil based stains release easily with laundering.
- _ Maintains a crisp, white, professional finish.
Watch A Fabric Demonstration
Stains Roll Off
Advanced Dual Action Teflon® fabric protector is a perfect match with our fabric - a repel and release technology that aggressively fights the most common stains. Teflon® is a registered trademark used under license by Medelita.
What Your Colleagues Say
"What I like best is that the lapel stays flat. I would never iron a lab coat, but this coat looks ironed right out of the dryer. Also is very fluid repellent. Earlier this week, I forgot my umbrella and used the coat to keep dry."
Amy Bokal, MD
"I opened the package last night to find the very finest lab coat imaginable. I appreciate fine fabric, tailoring and attention to detail - THIS COAT HAS IT ALL. Thank you for finally creating a lab coat that goes with a Hermes tie."
W. Wilson, MD, FACEP
"Even with weekly washings, the fabric still looks fabulous. A quick trip through the drier on the wrinkle release cycle is enough to keep my jackets looking fresh"
Elizabeth Nicholson, MD
"The quality of material of both the lab coat and scrubs are excellent! You can truly feel that these products are made with great durability."
Dean Rollolazo RDHAP, BS
If you prefer home laundering, pre-treat stains prior to washing. See stain removal guide for best recommendations. Expect up to 2-3% shrinkage with home laundering.
If you prefer dry cleaning, find an environmentally friendly dry cleaner that cleans whites separately and changes dry cleaning solution daily. Point out any stains to the cleaner when you drop it off.
For home laundering, machine wash warm. Do not use chlorine bleach. Non-chlorine bleach is ok.
Tumble dry low heat or hang to dry. Our best tip is to partially dry for 5-10 minutes, then hang to dry.
For a most professsional and sharp appearance, press with medium to high heat with steam or press when garment is still damp. Use filtered water in iron and be sure the iron itself is clean before using.
- Amodex® Ink and Stain Remover
- Dryel On The Go™ Stain Pen
Dirt, Powder Based Makeup
- OxiClean® Spray
Blood, Coffee, General Stains, Tea
- Shout® Advanced Stain Lifting Foam
Cream-Based Makeup, Grease, Oil, Pus, Ring-Around-The-Collar
- The Laundress™ Stain Solution & The Laundress™ All-Purpose Bleach Alternative
Deodorant, Iodine, Perspiration
The Closest Thing To Wearing Your Diploma.
Allow us the opportunity to display your name and title - embroidered with prestige and perfection - in the manner you've earned. Name & title embroidery is complimentary on orders over $175 and otherwise is $12 per garment.
Professional logos and any custom logos may be added at an additional charge and will be sewn into the garment(s) of your choice as pictured, on the right side of your garment.
Please contact us or make a note in the 'comments' box if you would like to make additional customizations to size and placement.
Please note the partial coverage on longer names (as pictured). A complete guide to coverage can be found in our advice section.
Name & Title Embroidery
We have the utmost pride in our embroidery work. Our in-house service allows us to provide exemplary service to our customers and colleagues. We go to great lengths to ensure that each garment is perfectly sewn, inspected, and packaged. The very first thing that a customer notices is not the stitching or the curved lapels or beautiful pocket detail of the garment itself. It's the embroidery. We call it the "icing on the cake." The "stamp of achievement and great sacrifice." For that reason - it must be perfect. And that is our standard.
- Name & title embroidery is placed above the pocket, anatomical left, unless requested otherwise.
- There is limited space on certain sizes & styles, on a properly fitted lab coat, which may result in partial lapel coverage. See character limit chart below.
- To minimize lapel coverage, use first initials, no periods, and choose only one line of embroidery.
- List your professional title(s) after your last name (Sarah Smith, MD is preferred v. Dr. Sarah Smith)
- Custom embroidery requires 5-10 additional business days, prior to shipping.
- Embroidered garments may not be exchanged or returned, unless there was an error on our part.
- When choosing embroidery on scrubs, the first color selection on each scrub top will match the corresponding drawstring color if you choose to purchase scrub pants.
- We do not offer separate options for drawstring colors on our scrub pants.
Medelita custom logo embroidery is the most impressive way to truly distinguish your lab coat or scrubs. A finishing touch like no other - logo embroidery with your office, clinic, or hospital logo turns a lab coat and/or scrubs into something impressive and polished.
- Logos are sewn directly onto your selected garment. No patches are available.
- Depending on the logo, your name & title embroidery may be sewn in a color that matches with logo.
- We digitize/create the art file for new professional logos and school logos free of charge. Otherwise there is a one-time $150 fee for digitzation. This is the process of turning your logo from flat artwork into embroidery detail – color, number of stitches, shading, etc. Additional fees apply.
- Upload a .JPG, PDF or .DST of your logo. For your convenience, there is an "upload your logo" button in the right hand column, when making your selections for purchase.
- Once your logo is received, you will receive a confirmation and your design will be digitized by our expert embroidery team.
- You will then receive a picture (via email) for approval. This initial process takes approximately 5 days.
- Up to 3 total adjustments/changes can be made, within the $150 original charge.
- For adjustments beyond three, a $50 additional charge is applicable.
- Once approved, garments are scheduled for embroidery.
- We are committed to working with you until you are 100% satisfied with your custom logo embroidery.
Advice Regarding Character Length
On properly fitting, gender specific lab coats with stylish lapels, there is limited amount of space in the area above the pocket, and between the lapel and the armhole. Some sizes and styes have less room than others. It is our priority to alert you in advance that Medelita embroidery is centered above the pocket, and embroidered to a standard size/height that is both legible and high-quality in appearance. The large majority of Medelita customers/colleagues are "ok" with some letters of their first name being partially covered by the lapel. For those that want to ensure that every single letter is visible, please adhere to the following guidelines to prevent coverage in both the first and second lines of embroidery.
Character Limit Chart
Use the chart below to identify the maximum characters per size in each garment before the lapel will partially cover your embroidered text.
Order 2 Sizes
Shipping is free both ways in the U.S.
Return your preferred size for
Easily Print UPS Return Labels
In your order history
4 Reasons To Try On At Home
Try on your garments on your own time. Keep what you like and send back the rest, or send back what you would like to be embroidered. We will process your embroidery or refund your purchase as soon as possible.
- No Fees.
Purchases over $100 are automatically eligible for free shipping and returns within the United States (free returns not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
- Risk Free.
Prior to specifying embroidery, order two sizes to find your best fit, and take advantage of free return shipping over $100. Let us know which garments to embroider and we'll refund the remaining garments.
- It's Easy.
Simply log into your account, find your order, and print a UPS return label for exchange, refund and/or embroidery.
From The Blog
Last month the FDA approved the very first 3D printed drug, an epilepsy medication called SPRITAM. This past June, three little boys with a condition that caused their windpipes to spontaneously collapse had their lives saved when they received 3D-printed bronchial-splint implants. As researchers continue to explore the applications of 3D printing, it has become clear that this new technology holds a myriad of opportunities in the medical industry. 3D printing has lead to higher efficiency and cost saving by producing automobile parts, fashion accessories, industrial equipment, and more. However, it also has four major applications when it comes to healthcare: prosthetics, medical devices, human tissue, and even pharmaceuticals.
New statistics show that 41% of consumers agreed that information on social media would affect their decision in choosing a particular doctor, hospital, or private practice. Almost a third of consumers say that they discuss health issues online using social media. Over 75% of patients say that they expect a response from healthcare providers within 24 hours of making a request through social media. When it comes to healthcare information, over 40% of consumers modify the way they deal with their health based on information they found on social media. This effect is amplified for millennials within the ages of 18-24, 90% of whom say that they would trust medical information shared by others in their social network. Although they seem to occupy two very different spheres of life, healthcare and social media are unarguably intertwined—but what does this mean for those who work with patients in the healthcare industry?
Whether its for a birthday, a holiday, or just a little something special to show someone that you care, here are some gift ideas for the nurse in your life! With gifts for every size budget, you will surely find something on this list that will put a smile on their face.