Join A Small, Talented Team
MEDELITA IS . . .
In 2008 Lara Francisco, PA-C recognized an opportunity to disrupt the $50 billion medical apparel industry. Working in the ER Lara was frustrated with the cheap, abrasive, and ill-fitting options she and her colleagues were given to wear as highly educated professionals. Since then she has revolutionized the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality lab coats and scrubs in the world, selling directly to her colleagues in medicine and developing bulk uniform programs to some of the top healthcare organizations worldwide.
The foundation of Medelita is built on unmatched product quality with a relentless focus on three key areas: premium performance fabric, exceptional fit, and unmatched durability. Medelita was the first to develop proprietary performance fabric technology specifically purposeful to physicians in their everyday practice. The fabric is bacteriostatic, wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture wicking, odor-resistant, breathable, comfortable, and can be washed on any home or commercial laundry setting. The designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating media ports, hidden pockets, and impeccable attention to detail.
SETTING A NEW STANDARD
Medelita is the first medical apparel company to successfully sell directly to healthcare professionals. It was through a customer-centric approach and a guarantee of durable quality that Medelita changed how medical professionals think about their uniforms. Today the company continues to build deep and lasting connections with the medical community it serves, collaborating directly with its customers to continuously innovate and improve.
Position Type: Full Time / Temporarily Remote
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- E-commerce: 3 years (Preferred)
Who We Are
Founded by a female physician assistant with over a decade of emergency medicine experience, MEDELITA has one goal: to design a uniform that empowers healthcare workers to feel their best, and by extension, to improve the quality of care for their patients. Through steadfast innovation and commitment to the esteemed community we serve, we have established MEDELITA as the industry leader for both men’s and women’s stylish and sophisticated lab coats, scrubs, and scrub jackets. We pride ourselves on a diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit family culture that is driven by our passion for embracing originality, celebrating differences, and pursuing our best selves.
About The Role
We are looking for a retail, eCommerce, and social obsessed writer to help bring our creative vision and brand narrative to life. The Copywriter works within our team as an integral role in the execution of marketing communications to support a range of projects for our rapidly growing, mission-driven, storytelling-focused company. We have several new strategic initiatives on the roadmap for 2021, so we need someone who writes engaging copy but understands customer journeys and the user experience—someone that will bring concepts and ideas to the table.
You will be responsible for helping to create timely copy that builds our brand, increases awareness and consumer engagement, and celebrates the many facets of our dynamic company and community, from supply chain to seasonal campaigns to social impact. We’re looking for a digital storyteller — someone who embraces the unexpected, speaks in fluent SEO and inspires and educates our customers through inviting, clever, and purposeful language.
You will create copy for updated brand missions and campaigns, email promotional marketing, product knowledge, blog articles, press releases, and paid media ads in this role. Our ideal candidate is fanatically tuned into the healthcare culture with a deep understanding of the landscape and trends and skilled in creating engaging digital (and the occasional print) content that connects with those audiences.
- Collaborate with strategists, art directors, developers, and designers in all aspects of the creative process
- Successfully tackle projects and programs that may include digital marketing, SEM campaigns, social platforms, video, and print.
- Work on various deliverables in a variety of formats: web pages, emails, articles, videos, campaigns, and more.
- shape our brand standards and editorial guidelines and ensure deliverables consistently conform to those guidelines.
- Interpret creative briefs to translate business and marketing objectives into on-strategy content.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload with tight deadlines
- ontinually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh, high-quality copy (descriptive, clear, concise, compelling, and error-free) that connects with the desired audience and drives action.
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging.
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics necessary for the target audience.
- Research and understand each initiative’s needs through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with featured experts, and touch base meetings.
- Provide key product knowledge to optimize PDP’s with precise measurements for garment sizing
- Fact check product specifications to ensure 100% accuracy
- Coordinate multiple teams’ efforts (buying, merchandising, photo studio, marketing) to ensure copy is provided on time and prioritized based on marketing efforts and go-live dates.
- Collaborate with the internal team from concept development to delivery of the final product
- evise copy based on internal feedback/direction Edit copy for message clarity, flow, consistency, grammar, brand voice, and tone
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications
- Minimum 3-5 years professional copywriting & editing experience
- Solid portfolio of work, from product copy to create long-form content to performance-driven messaging to target B2B and B2C audiences
- Track record in email, digital marketing, and/or sales
- Exceptional verbal and written fluency in English with a strong grasp of language anomalies
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides
- Exceptional research and organizational skill
- Deep knowledge of retail trends and terminology
- Ability to work independently and with a team to collaborate with a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience working in a content management system a plus
- Experience in healthcare or pharmaceuticals a plus
What's In It For You?
Team-Oriented Culture - We have a diverse workplace of talented people – marketing, e-commerce, design, production, and customer experience- who partner to make MEDELITA a unique and engaging place to work.
- Located in sunny Southern California
- Fully stocked kitchen with employee fridge and floor-to-ceiling pantry for healthy meals
- Espresso and coffee station
- Kid-friendly office with private entertainment room
- Dog-friendly office
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skill level
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision benefits paid 100% by Medelita
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Plan
- A fast-paced, high-growth work environment where you can advance both personally and professionally.
- We offer a casual and supportive but demanding environment with shared goals and very little room for individual egos.
- Food is always available in the kitchen and pantry.
- Experience influencing two of the fastest growing sectors in the U.S. - healthcare + eCommerce.
- Medelita is a recognized leader in the industry and has been featured in Internet Retailer’s Hot 100 innovative e-tailers, nominated for the E-tail “most innovative companies”.
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Will need to be available ~2 days/ week in office
Pay: From $65,000/year
We limit in-person attendance to essential employees and essential in-person business activities. Masks must be worn on-premises at Medelita.
Senior Technical Designer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Full Job Description
Medelita is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Designer with a high level of expertise in tailored, woven garments. We are a small team; offering the opportunity for the right person to make a big impact and help put a significant stamp on the future of Medelita.
This role is a key component of our future success. We are looking for highly motivated individual who can help maintain our highest standards in tailored, woven apparel and build on an existing platform and product line. This person has no problem doing all aspects of the job; from full life cycle/ design/ fit sessions (leading with ease) to pre-production, measuring samples, developing fabric and trim, pattern adjustments as well as coordinating deliverables and calendars internally and externally with vendors. This person can work autonomously on all aspects or collaborate at the highest level of the organization. The role will work in tandem with Product and Quality Team, as well as key executives on scope of work and deliverables.
**To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter on why you would be a good fit for Medelita, resume and any relevant portfolio examples**
- Full life cycle from Design to Pre-Production
- Define the fit of a garment; creating spec sheets for tech packs
- Accurately determine fit issues and communicate corrections verbally in fittings and concisely written via fit comments
- Responsible for grading on all classifications
- Pattern corrections sketching in Adobe Illustrator
- Create and maintain block library, fit and construction standard
- Set up tech pack templates, tracking reports, block and body spreadsheets
- Maintain consistent fit across product categories
- Lead Proto, JSS and PP sample fittings
- Interact on a daily basis with agents/vendors to problem solve all issues related to garment engineering
- Request and approve lab dips
- Source and approve trims for color and aesthetics
- Create Bill of Materials
- Develop timelines and follow date requirements
- Work with Product and Quality on costing, testing and fabric applications
- 8+ years minimum Technical Design or related experience
- 8+ years or equivalent working with tailored, woven garments; preferably some experience with suits or blazers
- Experience working and traveling to off-shore factories becoming familiar with the manufacturing process
- Min 3 years’ experience with Adobe Illustrator.
- Expert knowledge of patterns, grading and garment construction with emphasis in worvens
- Experience illustrating pattern corrections using drawing software
- Advanced knowledge of fabrics and how specifications impact garment fit – stretch, recovery, etc
- MA, BA, BFA or BS preferred in Apparel related field or equivalent experience
- Adobe Illustrator Sketching
- Ability to communicate in writing clear and concise thoughts
- Advanced knowledge of production and costing
- Textiles and fabric layout (engineering) knowledge
- Advanced Pattern Making
- Excellent, demonstrable verbal and written communication
- Excellent, demonstrable time management and interpersonal skills
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance
- Food + coffee + snacks
- Flexible schedules
- Dog-friendly workplace
Medelita is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees as a way of doing business and in accordance with all applicable equal opportunity laws.
It is the policy of Medelita to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medelita will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
Pay: $100,000 - $120,000
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shjft
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Senior Digital Graphic Designer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Full Job Description
We are a digitally-native medical apparel brand that is obsessed with e-commerce and with building relationships through every interaction with our highly intelligent and professional customer base. Our products are of the highest quality in fit, style, and function and the service we provide is second to none in the industry. Our mission is to grow the team as an extension of our family, with purpose - to help each other grow, to satisfy a growing demand in medicine, and to do so with minimal negative impact to the world we live and play in.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Digital Graphic Designer who is hungry for growth. Our business is ready to grow quickly and we need creatives who can quickly conceptualize, design, and execute highly creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate the brand identity, position, and messaging through all brand touch points.
You will work closely with the marketing team creating digital assets supporting marketing, e-commerce, and social teams. You will interface with various external vendors and coordinate with the Creative Director on photoshoots. In this role, we expect you will bring constant freshness and your own new ideas to all brand-related initiatives, bringing our brand to life and keeping it consistent across all our various touchpoints.
- Collaborate with marketing and product marketing teammates to support our website design and content marketing (blog, social media assets, and more).
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for clean, minimalist, bright and modern design.
- Scope and create templates for our marketing team to be more efficient in their posting on social media, the blog, email, and other channels.
- Assist with all tasks associated with photoshoots on location in Los Angeles, including mood boards, shot lists, inspiration, model selection, styling, execution, and photo finishing.
- Organize, itemize, and leverage all photography and design assets for use across the company network.
- Plan and execute new concepts for our packaging, signage, and sales collateral for consumers, retailers, and clients.
- Design and produce bi-weekly segmented email campaigns to our existing customers.
- Design and produce a quarterly brand refresh on all existing and new auto-email concepts like cart abandonment emails and welcome series emails.
- Collaborate with content marketing team to refresh all site landing pages, product pages, and category pages.
- Grow with us long term and shape the future of an amazing brand.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience as either an in-house designer or at a marketing agency (we require work samples to apply for this position).
- Experience designing for a content management system or ESP. This person must create assets for our web team that are mobile-, tablet-, and desktop-friendly and provide a user experience that fits on all three screens.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite or similar technologies.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS is preferable but not a requirement.
- E-commerce, retail, fashion, and/or healthcare industry experience/knowledge is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit looking to join a very fast-paced, energetic team.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, produce quality work on time, and prioritize tasks according to needs that can change daily/hourly.
- Is passionate about design but can handle positive criticism with the desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to commute to the office at least once or twice a week to collaborate in person. This is a hybrid remote position.
- Positive attitude
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- A desire to excel and grow with Medelita
- Driven to excellence, in-line with our products and our customers
We are a small company with a startup environment. We specialize in high end and technically advanced clothing for the medical industry. Our team and headquarters is expanding to keep up with the global demand of our products, and we want to invite energetic and smart individuals who want to be a part of something extraordinary to join.
We take great care of our team and to show this we provide the following:
- A competitive salary depending on experience and skill-level.
- A fast-paced, high growth work environment where you can advance both personally and professionally.
- We offer a casual but demanding environment with shared goals and very little room for individual egos.
- Unique, non-corporate company culture.
- Group activities outside the office.
- Experience influencing two of the fastest growing sectors in the U.S. - healthcare + ECommerce.
- Medelita is a recognized leader in the industry and has been featured in Internet Retailer’s Hot 100 innovative e-tailers, nominated for the E-tail “most innovative companies,” and also for the IRCE “web redesign of the year” awards.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and mandatory link to your portfolio of past creative work to our hiring manager Dan Stepchew (dan [at ] medelita.com).
It should be assumed that your application will not be accepted if we can't see your past work. We're looking for a very specific aesthetic (see above) or someone who can adapt to (and elevate) our existing creative. We will also require a small digital project to be completed at the next round before we select our finalists for the position.