Medelita is sensitive to the privacy of our customers, and recognize that your information must be used responsibly. The following information will help you to understand how.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Medelita collects, uses, and safeguards your personal information. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include:
- Registering for an account on our site;
- Signing up for a special offer from selected third parties or to verify coupon eligibility;
- Sending us an email, chat, social media, or What'sApp message;
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our website;
- Entering a contest or participating in a promotion;
- Applying to become a Medelita H.I.P. Ambassador.
If you have further questions or need clarification, please email us at email@example.com.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name;
- Your contact information including email address;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Email addresses are collected from those who purchase products via this web site and sign up for our email campaigns, as well as customers whom we meet at medical conferences and either share their email and/or place an order. We also collect any/all information required for transaction purposes – direct contact, billing and payment information. An email address is required in order to send an order confirmation receipt/review of embroidery and tracking information to our customers. Payment is secure – look for the closed lock (security) symbol at the bottom of the checkout pages.
Tracking User BehaviorMedelita may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Medelita.com, in order to determine what Medelita services and products are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Medelita.com to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Medelita. This information can include: your IP address, your browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Medelita website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- So that we may operate our website(s) and deliver the products and services you have requested.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Medelita is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We do not sell or rent this information to anyone, have never done so to date, and do not share your information with any third party outside of our website and warehouse services.
We will use your information for transactional purposes as well as to communicate with you regarding orders, questions, suggestions, etc.
We do not store your Credit card information. All payment-related information is processed by a third-party payment processor and Medelita is only provided with a secure "token" associated with the account which allows you to conveniently purchase again without having to input all of your credit card information. If a return or credit needs to be processed after an initial order, we will need to contact you for such credit card information or authorization.
We love to tell our customers about new colors, new styles, and special offers. If you prefer not to receive emails from us, let us know by writing “remove from email list” in the subject line of your email, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name and requested email address to be removed.
Medelita.com is an e-commerce website that sometimes partners with third-party vendors, including Google, to use remarketing to advertise online. Our partners, including Google and Microsoft, will display our ads across the internet using first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to medelita.com.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on this website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 23456 South Pointe Drive, Suite A, Laguna Hills, CA 92653.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Opt-Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In connection with any personal information we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have teh right to know the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information. To opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit this web page.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please not that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptiive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech or another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Additional Disclosures for EU Residents
These additional disclosures apply only to EU residents. Medelita, LLC, 23456 South Pointe Drive, Suite A, Laguna Hills, CA 92653 United States of America, collects and processes EU residents' Personal Information in compliance with applicable data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, European Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
The types of Personal Information we collect are detailed in the “How We Collect Information” section above. The “How We Use Information” section above describes the purposes for which we use and otherwise process Personal Information, and the “How We Share Information” section above describes the entities to whom we disclose Personal Information. We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We rely on several different legal bases for collecting and processing your Personal Information, including: (i) as necessary to perform a transaction (e.g., processing and fulfilling transactions and purchases); (ii) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (e.g., sending you information regarding changes to our policies and preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm); (iii) consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law, such as fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction, performing services requested by you, administering your participation in a contest or promotion, including to deliver a prize to you if you are the winner, evaluating whether you are a good match for our Ambassador Program and to administer the benefits of the program); and (iv) as necessary for our legitimate interests. With respect to our legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you that require protection of Personal Information, such legitimate interests include operating and managing our Site, sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, monitoring and analysing trends, usage, and activities, conducting research, improving and customizing the Site and our other websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services, providing you advertising, and developing and sending you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and other party products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
We retain your Personal Information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the information is collected, and as otherwise described in the “Retention and Deletion of Information” section above.
As an EU resident, you are entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Information. Please note that withdrawal of your consent does not affect our use or processing of your Personal Information prior to your consent being withdrawn.
You may contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section described below to exercise your rights. Finally, you can always lodge a complaint with your data protection authority, if you would feel that we have not acted in accordance with applicable data privacy legislation.
You may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers and more These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites and may prompt messaging such as cart reminders. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have SMS notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages. For more information about text messages, see our SMS Terms and Conditions.
Children Under Thirteen
Medelita does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Changes to this Statement
We welcome your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us immediately via email at email@example.com or by calling 949.542.4100.
Last updated: June 15, 2020