COVID-19 RISK GARMENT CARE GUIDE
We are here to support you with the INDUSTRY-LEADING PERFORMANCE FABRIC that can withstand even the harshest laundry conditions without losing its functionality and benefits.
DO NOT SHAKE.
- Avoid shaking clothing or quick movements while undressing.
- Consider placing worn scrubs in a washable laundry bag and placing entire bag (with cinch loosened) in the washer.
PRE-TREAT STAINS AS NEEDED.
- Medelita garments have stain release functionality, so most stains will resolve with detergent alone.
- For COVID-19 exposed garments, avoid pre-treating and simply add ½ cup peroxide to wash.
- If non-COVID exposure, we recommended Amodex® for ink stains & OxyClean® Spray or Shout® Foam for other stains.
MACHINE WASH ON WARM OR HOT, NORMAL OR SANITIZE CYCLE.
- Regular laundry detergent easily disrupts the lipid layer of COVID-19.
- Chlorine bleach is not recommended and not required for COVID-19 exposed garments.
- Color-safe bleach is ok.
- To preserve the innovative moisture wicking and quick-dry technology, do not use liquid fabric softener.
TUMBLE DRY NORMAL OR HOT.
- Do not use dryer sheets to avoid plugging the moisture-wicking fabric functionality.
- Dry garments completely as per CDC.
NO IRONING NEEDED.
- Remove from dryer at end of cycle and hang for a wrinkle-free appearance.
DRY CLEANING NOT SUGGESTED.
- Industrial laundry is recommended for hospital laundered garments.
- If professional dry cleaning is common at your facility, request laundry v. dry cleaning for adequate lipid disruption.
- Request no starch.
Get your CDC-compliant scrubs HERE.